Embroidery on a machine is a great idea for a business, because a favorite business is not only a pleasure, but it will also become a source of stable income. Embroidery machines work on the basis of the hoop, on which the fabric is stretched. All processes are controlled by computer programs, the operator only needs to load a picture into the memory and thread the threads of the desired colors.
Embroidery on a machine as a home business – features
Embroidery as a business is a great idea, but it is important to pay attention to the following points:
1. The room. At first, you can squeeze households and organize a mini-studio in one of the rooms. As the business grows, the creative workshop can be expanded.
2. Equipment. The embroidery machine for small businesses can be household. If there will be many orders, you can buy professional models – they are much more expensive, but they also have a wider range of capabilities. This is especially important if a wholesale batch is ordered, and household equipment cannot cope with the load.
3. Threads. At first, you can limit yourself to 7-10 basic colors and buy as needed. Running shades are better to buy baboons – so more economical.
4. Additional expenses. This category includes fabrics, hoops, scissors, image layouts, software with ready-made patterns. The most popular programs are Embird, Wilkom the ones that Just Sewn recommended for businesses. Pleasure is not cheap, but worth it.
You can search for customers on specialized sites and forums for needlewomen, through ads. Create a group on social networks, do newsletters to potential customers. Be sure to have a portfolio with examples of work and embroidery designs. Customers may include sewing workshops, hotels, large companies, fur factories, sports clubs and teams, restaurants.
Advantages and features of the embroidery machine
Industrial embroidery machines can create dozens of patterns, the most popular of which are:
1. Stroke. Straight stitches are applied along the contour, and then the picture is filled with tight-fitting stitches of different lengths.
2. Richelieu. A kind of openwork embroidery, the elements of the pattern are lined with stitch, and the spaces between them are cut out. This technique allows you to create lace embroidery that looks like lace.
3. Cross. The most primitive and popular technique. Manually embroider a cross for a long time, and the machine allows you to speed up this process. Ready-made patterns are very good and in demand.
4. Volumetric patterns. The background is embroidered separately on the fabric, and the embroidery elements are made separately, after which they simply attach to the main fabric.
5. Sequins. These glossy plates look very beautiful and rich. One of the most popular sewing techniques.
High-quality equipment is suitable for working with many fabrics: linen, calico, knitwear, chiffon, velveteen, leather, denim, velvet, etc.
The main advantages of machine embroidery:
- Speed of execution.
- Volumetric texture.
- Quality (all processes are computerized and controlled by the machine).
- Spectacular look.
Embroidery can be done on different products: pillows, clothes, hats, towels, special uniforms, bedding, shawls, tablecloths, etc.
Types of embroidery machines
According to the principle of work, two categories of machines are distinguished:
1. Computerized. The devices are fully automated, the operator’s job is to configure, install fabrics and select threads.
2. Freewheel. Their principle of operation is somewhat reminiscent of darn. The process must be controlled by the operator. Cars are cheaper, less productive.
It’s easy to figure out the settings of the embroidery machine (photo: biarrits.ru)
Which machine to buy – the main types:
1. Embroidery and sewing-embroidery. The first type is intended only for application and embroidery. Sewing and embroidery are more functional. If the car is not bought for industrial purposes, it is better to take a combined model.
2. Single and multi-head. Multiheads cope better with combined embroidery and speed up the process.
3. Household, industrial, semi-professional. A household machine is cheaper, but it has limited functionality and average speed. Complex patterns are not available to her. The industrial model is optimal for large-scale production, it is characterized by high reliability, speed and accuracy. Semi-professional are suitable for home studio and small business.
How to choose an embroidery machine?
1. The size of the picture. Directly depends on the size of the working area (hoop). The most popular sizes: 100 x 100 mm; 225 x 140 mm; 240 x 200 mm; 360 x 200 mm; 400 x 260 mm. As a rule, hoops larger or smaller can be purchased separately, but first find out the capabilities of the machine.
2. Features hoop. The hoop is stationary and interchangeable. Rearrangem
ents are convenient for creating large-scale drawings (along the edges of the tablecloth, bed linen), as well as large-sized decor. It is worth paying attention to the type of attachment of the hoop: two-sided reliably fixes the working area than one-sided. The shape also matters: the hoop is rectangular, oval, round, with rounded corners. Oval products are preferable – they give a more uniform tension of the fabric.
3. Decorative possibilities. The fewer types of embroidery a machine can perform, the narrower the range of work of the designer. Modern models can embroider not only with cross and stitch, they can use the techniques of richelieu, sfumato and quilting. It is also worth paying attention to the number of programmed lines. It is convenient if the machine has a function for editing the sketch: scaling, positioning, addition to other elements.
4. Sewing functions. Buying a combined model is justified if you do not have a high-quality sewing machine at hand, and the size of the room or budget does not allow you to buy both types of equipment. If the priority is decorative work – it is better to take an ordinary embroidery machine.
5. Software. When choosing, you should pay attention to processor performance, type of display, built-in memory, whether thumbnails are compatible, and how files are uploaded / uploaded. To create your own sketches, you can additionally purchase specialized production equipment. If the car does not have a display, there should be a function for connecting a computer or laptop – a sketch will be displayed on the screen.