Table of Contents
Mediterranean recipes are mostly renowned for its robust flavours, fresh components, and health advantages. When someone talks about preparing mouth watering and fulfilling food, the one pan Mediterranean shrimp recipes are an absolute delight. It not only shows these dishes the exquisite taste of shrimp, but they also induce the heaviness of Mediterranean herbs, spices, and vegetables, all accumulated in one single pan.
List of Some Best One Pan Mediterranean Shrimp Recipe
Here, in this article, you will get to explore an array of one pan Mediterranean shrimp recipes which are surprisingly easy to make, celebrating the flavours, and suitable for any event or dinner party. So, let’s voyage on an appetising way to the world of Mediterranean sea food and explore the essence of Mediterranean cuisine.
1. Lime Garlic Shrimp with Olives and Feta cheese:
This preparation is a combination of the tangy flavours of lime and garlic with the clever touch of the taste of olives and the cream along with the saltiness of the famous feta cheese. It’s a very easy yet flavoursome dish that will take you to the bright shores of the Mediterranean sea.
- 1 kg of Large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 lime
- 1 small jar of Kalamata olives
- 4 portions of feta cheese
- Start by peeling and washing the shrimps.
- Then deseed the olives or buy pitted olives.
- Mince the garlic and chop the parsley.
- Take a large pan and heat it then pour olive oil over medium heat. Throw in the minced garlic and stir fry until the aroma comes out, for nearly 1 minute.
- Put in the shrimps and stir fry till they become pink in colour and curve into a ‘c’ shape, nearly for 2-3 minutes each side. Take the shrimp out of the pan and keep them for later.
- Then, include the lime zest, lime juice, and olives to the pan. Mix it well, any burned or charred bits from the bottom of the pan should be scraped off. Put the shrimp back into the pan and smear the crumbled feta cheese on top as a garnish. Cover the pan and leave it on heat for some extra 2 minutes, letting the flavours meld into each other.
- Serve the lime garlic One pan Mediterranean shrimp with olives and feta with a portion of baked couscous or quinoa. Decorate the flavours with fresh parsley, and enjoy the musical amalgamation of Mediterranean flavours.
2. One Pan Mediterranean Shrimp and Vegetable Skillet
For a one pan meal to be colourful and also nutritious, try out this amazingly easy One Pan Mediterranean shrimp and vegetable skillet recipe. Filled with a group of fresh vegetables, fragrantica herbs, and delicious shrimps, a whole flavourful recipe that can be cooked without any extra effort.
- 1 kg of huge shrimp
- olive oil
- 2 bell pepper of each colour
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- dried oregano
- dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper according to taste
- Fresh basil leaves
- First gather the ingredients in your kitchen counter and dice the bell peppers. Then dice the eggplant.
- Mince the garlic and chop the fresh basil leaves.
- In a large pan or skillet, pour the olive oil over medium heat. Put in some of the minced garlic and fry it for one minute, until the aroma bursts out.
- Throw in the bell peppers, eggplant, zucchini, and the red onion in the garlic oil. Fry for about 5 to 7 minutes, till the vegetables start to cook through.
- Keep the vegetables on one side of the pan and then throw in the shrimps on the other side. Add some flavours and taste to the shrimp with dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. Cook the shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until they turn pink and change its shape into a ‘c’.
- When the shrimps are baked through, mix them well with the vegetables in the pan. Mix well to amalgamate all the flavours. Switch off the heat and then start garnishing with fresh basil leaves by tearing and throwing it on top.
- Bring out this tasty and easy to make One Pan Mediterranean shrimp and vegetable skillet with toasted soft bread or over a bed of couscous or rice. This dish is a wholehearted and fulfilling dish that will take your taste buds to a journey through the Middle east.
3. Spicy Tomato and Fennel One pan Mediterranean Shrimp Stew:
When you feel like being in the mood for some mildly spicy food, then this recipe with tomato and fennel will be the perfect. Filled with emaneting flavours and fragrance of spices, it’s a soothing dish which will touch your heart.
- 1 kg of large shrimp
- Olive oil
- 1 fennel
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Ground cumin
- Smoked paprika
- Red pepper flakes
- Vegetable broth
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh cilantro
- First gather the ingredients and then mince the garlic. After that chop the fennel and the onions and also the tomatoes.
- Prepare a fresh vegetable broth.
- Heat a pan or a skillet and pour olive oil in it. Then add in the minced garlic. After that, sauté the sliced fennel, chopped onion, and minced garlic together for 5 minutes. Till the vegetables become softer and chewable.
- Throw in the ground cumin, smoked paprika, and red pepper flakes to the pan. Mix and fry well to coat the vegetables with the flavours. Let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Put the diced tomatoes and the broth you made out of vegetables into the pan. Add in salt and black pepper as per your taste. Let the stew simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, letting the ingredients get accustomed to each other .
- Throw in the shrimp in the cooking pan and let it cook for 5 to 7 minutes till the time all the ingredients are cooked through and soft. Remember not to overdo the cooking time allowing the ingredients to be overcooked, as they will be too tough to eat.
- When the shrimps are done, switch off the heat. Organise the spicy tomato and fennel shrimp stew with freshly chopped cilantro to take it up a notch higher.
- Serve this stew preparation in a deep bowl, along with toasted crusty bread or steamed bland rice. This is a mildly spicy perfect dinner for a Mediterranean themed night.
The given 3 One pan Mediterranean shrimp dishes are three very basic and lazy recipes. A lot more gourmet dishes can be made by maintaining the authenticity of it. But these 3 dishes are basic household easy preparation taken from the list of Mediterranean cuisines. All 3 of these will bring in joy for your tastebuds and will also give you the comfort of a simplistic life.