Table of Contents
Why is everyone talking about Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro this season? If you have been thinking about it too, then conquering Mount Kilimanjaro or the ‘Kili Bug’ as we call it has already bitten you. That’s how you stumbled upon this blog and now you are wondering why is there such a craze of reaching the Mount Kilimanjaro summit among the travel mongers? Why is everyone planning a Kilimanjaro trip this year? Let’s understand the details and dive into it right away!
Well, who knew that every year over 30,000 people have attempted to climb Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania?
- It’s among the top personal achievements and goals of many travelers for years and after having made some savings, these travel-savvy voyagers set foot on the tallest free-standing mountain in the world.
- What they feel is a sense of freedom, a feeling of experiencing life in its truest forms, and valuing the creations of nature itself!
- Climbing Kilimanjaro is the most famous mountaineering and trekking journey that is famed all over the world.
- Among the top seven summits, the Kilimanjaro Climbing has been most talked about and attempted by thousands of travel enthusiasts and we will tell you why!
Top of Kilimanjaro: Extraordinary Picturesque
No matter which Kilimanjaro routes you choose (among the seven routes mainly, the Lemosho route, Machame route, Marangu route, Northern Circuit Route, Shira route, Umbwe route, and Rongai route) the top of Mount Kilimanjaro is the most picturesque destination of the world. You will be simply mesmerized by its beauty.
- Although the cost to climb Kilimanjaro ranges from $2000 to $4000 for mid-range to luxury climb packages with Jerry Tanzania Tours, the expenses are completely worth it. Mount Kilimanjaro, simply put is iconic.
- The high elevations, the physical appearances, the towering Maasailand, and everything in it is what attracts thousands of fellow travelers to climb this incredible summit.
Kilimanjaro Trip is Accessible
If you are looking forward to climbing at least one of the Seven Summits of the world, then the best one to choose from is Mount Kilimanjaro. Why so you would ask?
- Due to the high accessibility that the Best Kilimanjaro route – Lemosho route or all the six other routes provide on the mountain.
- The Cost to climb Mt Kilimanjaro will vary for each route depending on the number of days you spend on the mountain.
- The Kilimanjaro Climb Cost is approximately $250-$350 per day per climber including, accommodation costs, meal expenses, park fees, Kilimanjaro Crew fees, etc.
- The other costs include International Flight costs, Travel insurance, and Travel visa costs, etc.
- The Kilimanjaro hike is the most accessible among all the other Seven Summits, whether you are a citizen from the US, UK, or belong to any other part of the world.
- Your Kilimanjaro summit journey starts from the moment you take a flight from London or New York and reach Arusha from where you will be taken to the hotels by our driver.
- The Mount Kilimanjaro hike will begin after a day’s rest from the foothills of the mountain (Kilimanjaro National Park gate) no matter which Kilimanjaro route you choose.
Mount Kilimanjaro Hike is Achievable
For many travel enthusiasts climbing Kilimanjaro is certainly the biggest achievement of their lives. The reason Jerry Tanzania Tours recommends you Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro for Beginners as well because it is the most achievable mountain compared to the seven summits of the world.
- It is rightly so as many newbies without any experience in climbing also achieve a high Kilimanjaro success rate.
- There has been a record of the eldest person Trekking Kilimanjaro who achieved this success at the age of 89.
- The youngest person to achieve the Mt Kilimanjaro hike challenge was 6 years old.
Kilimanjaro Hike is Exclusive
What makes Mount Kilimanjaro exclusive is the beautiful alpine forests, the rich flora and fauna, the unique geology, wildlife, and most importantly the unsurpassed scenic views from the mountain summit.
- The best Time to Climb Kilimanjaro is during the pleasant cold and dry period from June to mid-October.
- While climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, you will be passing through rich terrains, deserted lands, the heathland, shrubs, and grasslands, etc.
- There are five different climatic zones that a climber may experience on the mountain.
- Among them is the arctic zone, which one can experience at higher elevations of over 5000 meters above sea level.
- You may also spot occasional Colobus monkeys while trekking Mount Kilimanjaro.
The WaChhagga People of Mount Kilimanjaro
Amongst the finest things that you will experience in Mount Kilimanjaro is meeting the WaChhagga People who are the natives of Kilimanjaro. With Jerry Tanzania Tours you will have an opportunity to meet these incredible groups of people and understand how amazing the local people of Tanzania are!
The best part of the visit to this fantastic land of Tanzania is meeting the warm, friendly, and encouraging people of Moshi, including the guides and local porters. You will be dancing, singing, and learning from these native Tanzanians and making countless memories to last a lifetime.
Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro is also a cultural experience as you will be meeting the most popular Chaga and Maasai people and other hundreds of other native tribes of Tanzania.
Join Group or Private Kilimanjaro Climbs with Jerry Tanzania Tours
The most common issues that any climber may face in high altitudes of 6000 m climb is Kilimanjaro Altitude Sickness. This is experienced by more than 95% of the climbers.
- To avoid these symptoms one needs proper Training for Kilimanjaro and the right preparedness.
- We at Jerry Tanzania Tours provide you with the best Kilimanjaro Gear List and provide you all the necessary information in our exclusive Climbing Kilimanjaro Guide that includes details of your travel documents such as Kilimanjaro Travel Insurance, Tanzania Visa, etc.
To get more detailed information about Kilimanjaro climbing, contact our travel experts today, and speak to them directly.