Hydrocele is the condition found in males (mostly young) in which scrotum swells up due to accumulation in the scrotal sac. The condition of hydroceles is mostly painless but that does not mean that you can take it casually. On leaving a hydrocele surgery cost unattended, the swelling keeps on increasing and adding up to the discomforts and embarrassment of a person.
Usually, a hydrocele shows symptoms such as constant heaviness and dull ache in the scrotum, inflammation or even hardening of the scrotum if the condition is acute.
What is even more stressful is that even a complete course of medications cannot guarantee that hydrocele won’t reappear ever. There are ample cases complaining of recurring hydrocele even after medication. These are mostly serious cases that need surgical treatment as soon as possible.
Surgery for hydrocele is necessary to keep away the following complications:
- Inguinal hernia
- Erectile dysfunction
- Rupture of hydrocele
Thus, surgery for hydrocele becomes all the more important for complete relief. One major factor that influences the decision of surgery is the cost. After the safety of the surgery, its affordability is the major aspect of determining whether a person would undergo surgery or not. Ofcourse, surgeries are costlier than regular medication or oral treatment. But if you go for a properly researched option there is a great possibility that you will end up saving a good amount of money for yourself.
Here is an estimate of the expense of hydrocele surgery in Hyderabad
Hydrocele surgery cost in Hyderabad can range from Rs 30,000 to around a little over Rs 1,00,000. These expenses may or may not include hospital charges, room charges and other medical charges. The expenses can also greatly vary from hospital to hospital, depending upon the stature and facilities of the healthcare provider.
Cost of conventional hydrocele surgery in Hyderabad
The average cost of undergoing open hydrocelectomy in Hyderabad is somewhere around Rs 68,000. And on top of these expenses, you may have to pay other medical charges in case any complications arise during or after the surgery.
Cost of laser hydrocele surgery in Hyderabad
Laser hydrocelectomy is a modern surgical procedure for correction of hydrocele. In Hyderabad, the laser surgery for hydrocele costs around Rs 30,000- Rs 40,000.
There is no risk of complications and thus you do noy need to worry about any overhead expenses.
Benefits of choosing laser hydrocelectomy over open surgery:
- The laser hydrocelectomy is a daycare or outpatient procedure that enables a patient to walk back home on the same day. Hence, it saves a lot of time and money for the patient and their family.
- It is minimally invasive in nature, i.e. there are no cuts or long terms wounds to heal after the laser treatment.
- The success rate of laser hydrocelectomy is 100% and there are no side-effects or complications associated with this treatment. And, there are nil chances of recurrence
- Laser hydrocele surgery is also covered in insurances. Hence, the patient may not even have to spend an extra penny to avail the desired treatment from a reliable and well-reputed hydrocele hospital in Hyderabad.
Where can you avail this modern hydrocelectomy in Hyderabad?
The advanced laser hydrocelectomy procedure is available at Pristyn Care. To ensure that the surgical expenses do not put a lot of burden on your pocket, we participate in all kinds of insurances and your treatment charges will be easily covered under the insurance claims. Moreover, we also provide other benefits like diagnostic discounts, free follow ups and cab facilities to make the treatment absolutely seamless for you.
Well, this is not it. We have some more useful information for you that will make your life easier and healthier.
Some tips for you to deal better with hydrocele and other related conditions that cause fertility problems:
- Stay away from physical activities or exercises that put strain on the lower body, especially on the groin region.
- Maintain a normal and active life routine that includes walking, stretching and yoga.
- Refrain from smoking and consuming excessive alcohol.
- Say no to junk and processed meals and switch to a fresh, healthy, fiber and fluid rich diet.
- Wear scrotal support or jockstrap during any sports or heavy weight lifting
The Bottom Line
Surgical treatments can cost a lot. But a well-researched and well-informed decision can save you from paying too much for your treatment. Therefore, do not take a rushed decision. Instead, take a little time, look up all the options and then choose what you feel suits you and your budget the most.